Oct 16, 2018
Method of Preparation:
– Boil the sweet potatoes until well done.
– Mash the potatoes until smooth, making sure there are no lumps.
– Add the flour to the mashed potatoes and mix together to make a smooth dough.
– Make equal lemon-size balls with the dough.
– Take one ball, flatten on your palm and fill the center with some khoya, a cardamom seed, and some pistachios. Seal the ball and set aside. Repeat with the entire dough.
– Heat oil in a pan until it reaches smoking point.
– Lower the heat to medium and deep fry the jamuns until golden brown.
– Dunk the fried jamuns in the warm sugar syrup for 20-30 minutes.
– Remove the jamuns from the syrup and set aside for 5-6 hours before serving.