Mishti Aloo’r Pantua Recipe By Ananya Banerjee
Bengali's fondness of making mouthwatering desserts is universal and during #DurgaPuja the culinary skills are at the epicenter. Mishti Aloor Pantua is a sweet round delicacy filled with khoya and wrapped in potato casing, deep fried in Emami Healthy & Tasty Refined Rice Bran Oil and soaked in sugar syrup to entice you with its irresistible flavour.
Method of Preparation:
- Boil the sweet potatoes until well done.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the flour to the mashed potatoes and mix together to make a smooth dough.
- Make equal lemon-size balls with the dough.
- Take one ball, flatten on your palm and fill the center with some khoya, a cardamom seed, and some pistachios. Seal the ball and set aside. Repeat with the entire dough.
- Heat oil in a pan until it reaches smoking point.
- Lower the heat to medium and deep fry the jamuns until golden brown.
- Dunk the fried jamuns in the warm sugar syrup for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the jamuns from the syrup and set aside for 5-6 hours before serving.
- Bengali Recipes
- gulab jamun
- india food network
- Indian recipes
- bengali food
- Durga Puja recipes
- Bangla Recipes
- bengali sweet recipe
- sweet potato gulab jamun
- mishti aloo’r pantua
- gulab jamun recipe
- bengali style gulab jamun
- how to make gulab jamun
- mishti alur pantua
- ranga alur gulab jamun
- ranga alur pantua
- alur misti recipe
- alur misti
- sweet potato jamun
- mawa gulab jamun recipe
- khoya gulab jamun