Moong Dal Idlis For A Healthy Breakfast
Wondering how idlis made with moong dal and brown rice would taste? Try it out yourself.
1. Dry roast the yellow moong dal till it turns slightly brown.
2. After it cools down a little bit, wash and soak along with the one cup brown rice. Let it soak overnight.
3. In the morning, grind it to a smooth batter and let it sit for an hour or so.
4. Heat oil in a small pan, add hing and roast for about 10 secs. Add the mustard seed, curry leaves and red chillies.
5. Fry for 1 minute and add it to the batter.
6. Add the eno to the batter and mix it combined.
7. Steam the idlis for 10-12 minutes and serve hot with chutney or sambhar.