Moong Dal Mini Samosa Recipe
Eaten as a snack or a meal, Samosas are an iconic preparation needing neither an introduction nor an occasion to be eaten. Chef Pallavi Nigam has prepared a unique twist to this classic dish in the form of Moong Daal Mini Samosas. Spice-infused moong dal wrapped in a light dough encasing when fried binds together to form a crispy pocket of heaven perfect for those rainy evenings.
- Grind the lentils coarsely. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When they begin to splutter, add the lentils and the rest of the ingredients, which make up the filling.
- Saute over low heat till the mixture is well fried. - Take mixture off the heat and leave to cool.For Dough
- Add the salt to the flour, and rub the oil into it.
- Add rest of the ingredients and knead into a stiff dough
- Shape dough into smooth balls, and roll the balls into thin rounds. Cut these into halves.
- Form a mini samosa cone and fill the cone with stuffing and press the edges together to seal.
- The oil should be hot when you add the samosas to it, then lower the heat and let cook till brown.