India Food Network
Jul 05, 2017
1. In a bowl, add 500 gms chicken, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1 cup curd. Mix well, keep aside for 5-6 hours to marinate.
2. In another bowl, take 1 cup basmati rice and add 2 cups water. Keep aside to soak for 15-20 mins.
3. Once the rice is soaked, parboil the rice and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, 3 onions sliced and cook till they turn completely brown. Remove in a bowl and keep aside.
5. In the same pan, add 2 tbsp oil and marinated chicken. Cook for 5 mins then add salt to taste. Cover and cook for 5-10 mins.
6. Remove the lid and cook for another 2-3 mins, add 1 cup fried potatoes and 1 cup plum chopped. Cook for 5 mins.
7. Add parboiled rice, 1/2 cup fried onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves and 1 tbsp ghee. Cover and cook for 15-20 mins.
8. Biryani is ready to serve.