Mushroom Risotto With Seared Pomfret (Part 1)
Here, Amrita shows us how to make a delicious pomfret risotto that she made for her family just first few days after her marriage.
1. Add some olive oil in a pan, let it heat for sometime & drop in the chopped onions, garlic & celery into the pan.
2. Let the onions sweat a bit.
3. Use the risotto rice without washing it in order to keep the starch.
4. Sauté the rice & add some dry white wine to the pan.
5. Once the wine evaporates, with the help of a ladle, add one ladle of vegetable stock to the risotto and cook it till it evaporates.
6. Continue this process till the rice is cooked al dente.
7. Take two pieces of promfret fish and season it with black pepper and salt.
8. Add some salt to the risotto and cook it well.
9. Slice up some mushrooms and add them to the rice and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Make sure you keep a check on risotto so you don't over cook it.
11. Grate some Parmesan cheese into the risotto to give that classic taste to it.