Jun 07, 2017
1. Take cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, nutmeg, mace and grind.
2. Wash the meat and drain all water.
3. Heat oil on medium flame. Add thinly sliced onion and sauté until fragrant and golden brown.
4. Add meat, ginger and garlic paste, yogurt, 1-teaspoon salt, bay leaves and the ground spice.
5. Cook in medium heat for about 25-30 minutes until mutton is cooked and tender.
6. Add a cup of water little by little and stir the meat occasionally.
7. Separate meat keeping the gravy and spices in the pan. Set aside meat.
8. Add remaining water and milk to the pan and bring to boil. Add salt.
9. Add washed and drained rice and cover. Once the water boils again, add the whole green chilies and cook in medium heat.
10. When rice is about 50% done, add the meat. Mix carefully so that rice does not become smashed and cook covered in medium-low heat.
11. Turn off stove but keep lid on for 15-20 minutes before serving.