Mutton Keema Biryani
This Iftaar, fill up your plate and your stomach with a rich mutton kheema biryani.
1. In a blender add 3 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, 8 green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and water, blend to make a paste and keep aside.
2. In a bowl add 1 cup rice and 2 cups water, leave aside to soak for 15-20 mins.
3. In a separate bowl add 500 gms minced meat, 1 tbsp green chilli paste, 1 tbsp papaya paste, salt to taste, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 cup curd and 2 tbsp oil. Mix well and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan, add 2 cups water, 1 tsp caraway seeds, salt to taste and soaked rice. Parboil for 5mins, keep aside.
5. Heat another pan, add 3 tbsp oil, 1/2 cup fried onions, marinated mince, again 1/2 cup fried onions, parboiled rice, saffron soaked in milk and 3 tbsp ghee. Cover and cook for 30-35 mins.
6. Biryani is ready to serve.