Mysore Rasam By Preetha
The Indian version of the hot soup during winter, Mysore Rasam is a perfect solution to cure your cold. Made with an array of spices and given body by dal water to make it healthy and nutritious.
1. In a heated pan, add in oil, hing, curry leaves, cumin, pepper, chilies, coriander seeds, chana dal, coconut and mix well.
2. Blend this into a paste with the help of a blender.
3. In a saucepan, add in tamrind, water, turmeric, tomatoes and let it boil.
4. Add in dal water, currry leaves, tomatoes and let it boil.
5. Add in the paste along with coriander and salt and mix well.
6. For the tadka, add in oil in a pan, along with mustard seeds and curry leaves and add it to the rassam.
6. Serve hot.