1. Wash the rice and pat the rice dry and then mix it with the ginger paste, jeera powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste.
2. Meanwhile coat the prawns with turmeric and salt and slightly boil it till turns pink, keep aside.
3. Fry the sliced coconut and keep it aside.
4. Heat mustard oil, add bay leaves and dried chili, then add the marinated rice and sauté it for some time.
5. Don't mix it too much as it might break the rice.
6. Mix 1 and 1/2 cup of coconut milk with 1 cup of warm water.
7. Once the rice releases a slight fried smell, pour the coconut milk.
8. Cover the pan and heat it till the rice is well cooked. Add the fried coconut slices and prawns to the rice
9. Garnish with brista. (Fried onion)