1. Take a broad non-stick pan, add lotus seeds and roast the Makhana on a low heat for 15 minutes or until they turn crisp.
2. Remove from the flame, allow it to cool and blend it in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
3. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee and add coarsely powdered lotus seeds/ Makhana to it and mix well followed by Milk, Sugar, Dry Fruits, Cardamom Powder and Saffron strands.
4. Mix everything together and cook it for 15 minutes on medium heat.
5. Switch off the flame and transfer it to a bowl.
6. Garnish it with dry fruits and serve it hot.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.