Sep 12, 2016
Onam is just around the corner and Preetha is looking forward to the Sadhya meal and the range of vegetables it serves. Learn how to make Kalan at home and enjoy it with your family as you celebrate!
1. Combine the vegetables, turmeric, salt and water in a pan and mix well.
2. Cook covered on a medium flame till half cooked. Add crushed black pepper half way and mix well. Cover and cook for few minutes till vegetables are almost cooked.
3. Add curds and cook on a medium flame till the moisture in curds starts to dry .
4. Add ground paste and cook on a medium flame till paste is well coated with veggies. Remove off flame.
5. Prepare tempering with tempering ingredients and pour over vegetable. Mix well and serve.