Preetha is all set to celebrate Onam and the abundance it brings. Today, she is cooking another item from the Sadhya menu, Olan.
1. Combine ash gourd, salt, water and chillies in a pan. Cover and cook till ash gourd is partially cooked. Add thin coconut milk and continue to cook on a small flame for 5 minutes.
2. Add cow peas and simmer for 5 to 7 more minutes. You can add curry leaves now.
3. Add thick coconut milk and mix well. Simmer on low flame for a minute.
4. Add raw coconut oil to gravy and mix well.
5. Remove off flame and cover and keep aside for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.