One-Pot Meal: Chole Pulao Recipe
This lockdown period can become a difficult time to make elaborate dishes every day. But not anymore. With chef Nehal Karkare's one-pot Chole Pulao, using Tata Sampann's Chole Masala, a recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor, it is now easy to make lunch or dinner plans.
1. Rinse and soak the rice For 20 mins
2. Soak and boil the white chickpeas/ kabuli chana.
3. Take a kadhai/pan, add oil, cumin seeds, assorted whole spices, bay leaf and mix it well.
4. Then add chopped onion, garlic, green chilli and statue it.
5. Once the onion is cooked add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Punjabi chole masala, and mix it well.
6. Now add the chopped tomato, boiled white chickpeas, basmati rice, water and give it a good stir.
7. Note that water level should be 1 cm above the rice.
8. Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook for 10 mins
9. After 10 mins check if the rice is cooked.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander once cooked.
11. Your Chole Pulao is ready to serve.
You can accompany the chole pulao with raita and papad.
Do let us know if you like the Chole Pulao recipe & tag India Food Network & Tata Sampann in the recipes you make!