One-Pot Meal: Fada Ni Khichdi
Fada Ni Khichdi is a staple in most Gujarati households and it comprises of daily or broken wheat, also called as bulgar wheat. It's a wholesome dish that can be made for any meal of the day- breakfast, lunch or dinner! With Tata Sampann's healthy daily, we've recreated this special one-pot meal, Gujarati Fada Ni Khichdi recipe, especially for your lockdown days! Here's how you can make Fada Ni Khichdi:
1. Soak broken wheat and moong dal for 10 mins.
2. In a pressure cooker add ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, dried red chilli along with curry leaves and mix well.
3. Drain out the water and add broken wheat and moong dal and saute for 2 mins.
4. Once its turns aromatic add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and saute on low flame.
5. Now add carrots, potato, green peas, and saute for 2 mins.
6. Add 3 cups of water and mix well.
7. Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
8. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.