Pavakkai Pitlai (Bitter Gourd And Groundnut Curry)
Preetha shows you a very basic and a simple recipe of a curry. She adds pitlai podi to the recipe, watch the video to know the recipe!
1. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add curry leaves, karela, turmeric, hing and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
2. Add tamarind water. Cook on a medium flame till raw aroma of tamarind disappears.
3. Add pitlai powder , peanuts and enough water for gravy consistency.
4. Simmer on a medium flame with jaggery for 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander (optional) and serve with rice and appalam or flatbreads.