Perfect Malabar Chicken Biryani
End your fast with a Kerela style malabar chicken biryani.
1. Marinate chicken using marination as above for 4 hours or overnight. Keep aside.
2. Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp ghee.Add whole garam masalas (given in rice section) and fry for few seconds. Add water and bring to boil.
3. Add drained rice, salt and cook till par boiled. Drain and keep aside.
4. In a broad deep pan, heat oil and sauté ginger, garlic, onions on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken and sear for few minutes.
5. Add tomato, garam masala powder and pepper. Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes. Cover and cook till chicken is half cooked. Add coconut milk, salt and simmer till its a thick gravy and almost cooked.
6. In another pan, grease with oil or ghee and spread a portion of rice. Top with chicken pieces and add mint and coriander leaves.
7. Top again with remaining rice, fried onions and cashews.
8. Cover with tight fitting lid and cook on low flame over tawa for 10 to 15 minutes or till well cooked.