Sep 18, 2018
– Dry roast dal and rice till it gives a faint aroma.
– Cool and grind to a fine rava. Keep aside.
– Combine jaggery and water. Bring to boil along with some ghee, cardamom, dry ginger, and coconut.
– Add rice and dal rava . Stir well, adding ghee in between. Cook on a low flame for 5 minutes, covered with a lid. When all the moisture has soaked up, keep aside to cool.
– Once cool, shape into kozhakkatai.
– Shape into kozhakattai or roundels.
– Grease idli plate with ghee/ oil and arrange the pieces. Steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
– Offer as Prasad.