Nothing like Pineapple Sheera to celebrate the beautiful colours of Diwali with. Make sure to include this delicious recipe from Dakshin Curry's Preetha Srinivasan on your festive menu, this Diwali. Enjoy!
1. Dry roast rawa till it just starts to change colour. Remove and keep aside.
2. In the same pan, heat ghee and add dry fruits. Roast till pink.
3. Add roasted rawa and mix on a medium flame.
4. Add water and mix well. Cover and cook till rawa has absorbed all the water.
5. Add sugar, cardamom and food colour. (You may add food colour while adding water too).
6. Cook on a medium flame till all the sugar has melted and kesari is cooked. You may add essence at this stage if required.
Preetha�s endeavour is to promote south Indian cuisine through her YouTube channel, Dakshin Curry. She absolutely loves curry leaves, and can fit them happily into in any recipe. For those of you who curse the poor thing, dry roast and powder them or use them in your dishes and enjoy the health benefits she says.