Potato Peel Pie Recipe
Inspired by forthcoming Netflix release The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Chef Irfan Pabaney cooks up his version of a Potato Peel Pie only for India Food Network. His delicious twist includes potatoes 3-ways. You won’t want to miss this recipe, trust us!
For the Potato Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the big potatoes in half.
- Scoop out the potatoes using a scooper or a melon baller, leaving a little bit of the potato in the skin.
- Deep fry the potato shells until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and allow the excess oil to be soaked up by a kitchen towel.
- Boil the baby potatoes with the skin on.
- Mash the boiled baby potatoes along with the skin.
- Add salt, pepper and chili flakes for flavor to the mash.
- Now add butter, cream, milk and cream cheese and whisk the entire mash very well. You need a nice, thick consistency. Keep aside.
- Slice up the chicken sausages.
- Chop the onions into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and when hot fry the onions until they are a lightly cooked.
- Add the chopped chicken sausages, salt, pepper, chili flakes and cook some more.
- Turn out into a bowl and add the chopped parsley. You can also now season with oregano or any other herbs of your choice.
- Now take the deep fried potato shells and fry them once again.
- Once fried, in the hollow put the mashed potatoes. Top the mash with the mixture of chicken sausages.
- Grate the cheese and add it on top of the sausages.
- Place the filled potato shells on an oven tray and into the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked and the cheese is melting.
- Remove from the oven carefully and serve with a side of crispy potato skins.
Chef’s flavour tips for the pie:
- You can use any combination of cheese as an option.
- Add lemon to the sausages for a nice flavour.
- Add chat masala, poppy seeds or green chilies to the potato mash if you like spice.
For the Potato Skin Chips
- Peel the potatoes, saving the skins. Make sure you get some of the potato flesh as well.
- Drain the moisture out if the peels completely.
- Add some salt to the skins.
- Deep fry the skins until crispy and serve!
- Chef’s flavour tips for the skins:
- Dust with chat masala or a mixture of turmeric and red chili powder for an extra zing to the crispy skins.
- india food network
- Potato recipes
- potato peel recipe
- potato peel pie recipe forum
- traditional potato peel pie recipe
- what is potato peel pie
- guernsey literary potato peel pie society recipes
- original potato peel pie recipe
- guernsey literary and potato peel pie society book club food
- potato peel pie history
- potato recipes indian
- potato peel pie society movie
- potato peel pie film
- potato peel pie society netflix
- potato peel pie society trailer