Prawn Biryani Mangalorean Style
Tired of the regular Prawns Biryani? Try it the Mangalorean Style!
1.Marinate prawns for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
2. Dry roast ingredients for paste. Cool and grind to paste.
3. Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp ghee.Add whole garam masalas and fry for few seconds. Add water and bring to boil.
4. Add drained rice, salt and cook till par boiled. Drain and keep aside.
5. Heat ghee and oil.Add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves , onions and sauté till golden brown.
6. Add ground paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Add prawns and sauté on medium flame for few minutes, cover and cook till prawns are half cooked.
8. Remove off flame and top with par boiled rice , mint, coriander leaves and fried onions.
9. Cover with tight fitting lid and cook on low flame over tawa for 10 to 15 minutes or till well cooked.
10. You may mix rice to coat prawns or serve layered.