Dec 05, 2016
Ditch your rice or chapati for lunch today. Instead try making these yummy Pudina Laccha Parathas. Laccha Parathas are basically layered, flaky flatbreads. Follow Neha’s simple tips to make this tasty Indian Mint flavoured flatbread.
1. Mix the ingredients to make the filling in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and oil in a bowl. Make a medium soft dough using water.
3.Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes until it becomes soft and smooth. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
4. Knead again for 3-4 minutes. Divide the dough into 8-10 pieces. Make small balls from each piece. Dust the dough and roll it as thin as possible. Apply ghee generously over the rolled dough. Sprinkle little dry flour on top.
5. Sprinkle some of the mint mixture on top. Fold the rolled dough like we roll a fan or like a pleat. Make a pinwheel with the pleated dough. Dust and roll the paratha to make a 7-8 inch disc.
6. Heat a griddle. Keep the paratha on the hot griddle. Cook till brown spots appear. Turn the paratha on the other side. Apply ghee on both the sides and cook till brown spots darken.
7. Apply little pressure while cooking using back of a ladle. Remove the paratha from the griddle. Press from both the sides to open the layers.
8. Serve hot with any curry based dish.