Puli Aval Upma Recipe In Tamil By Geeta Sridhar
Make this tangy and zingy South Indian breakfast Puli Aval at home by chef Geeta Sridhar only on IFN Tamil. Do watch this video and let us know your views in the comments section below. Puli Aval/Tamarind Poha is a popular South Indian version of Poha. It is so easy to prepare that you can actually make it in a few minutes. Made from pressed rice (poha) with a flavour of tamarind chutney, raw peanuts and curry leaves. #poharecipe #southindianrecipes
- Turn on the gas and add some oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds to it.
- Then add small bowls of urad dal, bengal gram dal, cashew nuts and roasted peanuts along with few curry leaves.
- After some time add dry red chillies to the pan. Mix all of them nicely.
- Put a small amount of tamarind paste to the mixture and stir it properly.
- Then add turmeric powder and a pinch of asafoetida and some salt to taste. Stir and mix again.
- Finally add a bowl full of Poha in the pan and give it the final stir.
- Serve it hot on a banana leaf or in a plate.