Punjabi Rajma (Kidney Beans Indian Curry)
Wondering what to make for dinner? This Punjabi rajama with some jeera rice should end your confusion.
1. Wash the rajma and soak in enough water for 5-6 hours.
2. Drain the water. Add the soaked rajma is a pressure cooker with 2 tsp of salt and 3 cups of water. Cook till rajma is soft and cooked.
3. Remove the pressure cooker from heat and keep aside.
4.Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add onion and fry till translucent. Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry till onion is golden brown.
5. Add chopped tomato and tomato puree and cook for a minute. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, amchoor powder and garam masala powder and fry for a few seconds.
6. Add ½ cup water and cook the masala till oil separates on the side of the pan. Add the cooked rajma along with the water and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
7. Slightly press a few rajmas with the back of a ladle. Add more water and salt if required.
8. Garnish with Fresh Coriander.Serve hot with steamed rice.