One of the most mouthwatering maharashtrian sweet flatbread. Boiled chana dal mixed with jaggery makes the best filling for Puran Poli. Try out this easy recipe with warm milk and tea spoon of clarified butter (ghee) to fulfill your sweet cravings. Watch the Britannia Dessert Carnival and try such recipes at home.
1. Mix flour, turmeric powder, salt and ghee in a bowl and mix well using your finger tips.
2. Add little water and make a soft dough.
3. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Mix cooked dal, jaggery and ghee in a pan and cook until jaggery is dissolved and mixed with dal.
5. Simmer the heat and cook the mixture until it starts to leave the sides of the pan and is thickened nicely.
6. Add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and fennel powder and mix well.
7. Remove the filling from heat and let it cool.
8. Divide the filling into 6-8 equal parts.
9. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions.
10. Dust and roll the dough balls to make a 4-5 inch circle.
11. Keep a filling ball in the centre of the dough circle and bring the ends together.
12. Dust and roll again to make a 6 inch circle.
13. Heat a griddle and transfer the Puran Poli on the griddle.
14. Cook from both the sides until brown spots appear.
15. Apply ghee on both the sides and press the Puran Poli using back of a ladle and fry until golden brown from both the sides.
16. Make all the Puran Poli in the same manner.
- Puran Poli
- puran poli recipe
- pooran poli
- how to make puran poli
- puran poli recipe in hindi
- puran poli recipe in marathi
- recipe for puran poli
- puran poli banane ki recipe
- puran poli banane ki vidhi
- puran poli banane ka tarikha
- maharashtrian style puran poli recipe
- maharashtrian pooran poli
- marathi dish puran poli
- ghar pe banaye puran poli
- tasty puran poli at home
- swadisht puran poli ghar pe
- 5 min mein puran poli recipe
- easy recipe for puran poli
- easy way to make puran poli
- quick and tasty puran poli at home
- instant home made puran poli
- sabse aasan puran poli recipe
- step by step recipe for puran poli
- sweet puran poli
- traditional maharashtrian food
- traditional delicacies
- popular sweets
- indian sweet flat bread