India Food Network
Nov 28, 2018
1. Mix flour, turmeric powder, salt and ghee in a bowl and mix well using your finger tips.
2. Add little water and make a soft dough.
3. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Mix cooked dal, jaggery and ghee in a pan and cook until jaggery is dissolved and mixed with dal.
5. Simmer the heat and cook the mixture until it starts to leave the sides of the pan and is thickened nicely.
6. Add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and fennel powder and mix well.
7. Remove the filling from heat and let it cool.
8. Divide the filling into 6-8 equal parts.
9. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions.
10. Dust and roll the dough balls to make a 4-5 inch circle.
11. Keep a filling ball in the centre of the dough circle and bring the ends together.
12. Dust and roll again to make a 6 inch circle.
13. Heat a griddle and transfer the Puran Poli on the griddle.
14. Cook from both the sides until brown spots appear.
15. Apply ghee on both the sides and press the Puran Poli using back of a ladle and fry until golden brown from both the sides.
16. Make all the Puran Poli in the same manner.