Oct 17, 2016
Preetha is always experimenting with the ingredients she cooks with, today, she is using betel leaf to make a potent rasam that is delicious and heathy, specialy in the winter season!
1. Dry roast coconut on a medium flame till colour changes. Keep it aside to cool.
2. In another pan, heat oil and fry hing.
3. Add dals. Roast on a medium flame till the dals change colour.
4. Add coriander seeds and dried red chillies. Roast on a medium flame till you get the aroma of coriander.
5. Grind along with coconut and salt to a semi coarse powder.
6. Store in air tight container and use as required. (If refrigerated, it can be used for upto a week)