Veena teaches us how to make these three really simple yet delicious dals with the same Moong Dal - Makhni Dal, Tadka Moong Dal and Palakwali Moong Dal.
1. Soak moong dal into 3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
2. Boil dal with ginger , turmeric and salt till soft and done. Blend with a hand blender.
3. Take out the dal in a glass serving bowl and generously sprinkle all dry spices.
4. Heat Ghee in a tadka pan.
5. When hot, pour over the dal covered with spices. You should get a sizzling sound.
6. It is ready to serve now!
Tadka Moong Dal:
1. Use boiled dal as in makhani daal recipe.
2. Add tomato, coriander leaves and cook for a few minutes till tomatoes are soft.
3. Add lemon juice if required.
4. Heat ghee in a tadka pan.
5. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter, hing, curry leaves and pour it over the dal.
Palakwali Moong Dal
1. Follow procedure as in tadka dal but add chopped spinach with the tomato.
2. And for the seasoning/ tadka , use only hing and red chilly powder.