Oct 06, 2016
Preetha often likes to experiment with the gravies that she prepares in her kitchen. Learn how to make this easy an easy to make spice mix Pitlai Podi at home.
1. Dry roast coconut on a medium flame till colour changes. Keep aside to cool.
2. In another pan, heat oil and fry hing.
3. Add dals .Roast on a medium flame till the dals change colour.
4. Add coriander seeds and dried red chillies. Roast on a medium flame till you get aroma of coriander.
5. Grind along with coconut and salt to a semi coarse powder.
6. Store in air tight container and use as required. (If refrigerated, it can be used for upto a week).