Spinach Corn Cheese Roti
On a match day, spare your nails and bite into these tidbits. Get together with some friends, start this video up and cook up this quick snack in a jiffy.
To make the salad
- To the finely shredded cabbage add the black peppercorn powder, salt and olive oil.
To make the filling
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan
- Swirl the pan to make sure the oil is evenly distributed
- Once the oil is heated add the onions and stir
- TIP: Add a pinch of salt to remove the moisture from the onions
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- Add 1/2 cup of corn and mix all the ingredients well
- TIP: Seasoning at regular intervals, ensures the dish has well balanced flavours
- Add the spinach and stir well
- Add 2 tablespoons of pudina chutney
- add 2 tablespoons of fried onions and mix well
- Place 2 rotis on a flat surface and add a large helping of spinach corn on the roti
- Add one generous helping of the cabbage salad
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the filling
- roll the roti with the filling
- fasten the roll with the toothpick so that it stays intact
In the spinach paste after 4-5 minutes add caramelized onions last. Taste and season.