Rajasthani Special: Dahi Walle Gatte
Today, Neha will show you how to make tasty Dahi Wale Gatte. It's healthy, it's tasty it's easy to make. Follow her simple steps and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
First let make the make our Gatte:
1. Heat 4 cups of water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Sieve the besan. Mean while, mix besan, oil, salt, red chili powder, saunf and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix using your fingers to make a crumbly mixture. Add water little by little and make a soft dough. Make small cylinders from the dough. When the water comes to a boil, add the cylinders in the boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes.
3. Drain and let them cool for a few minutes. Reserve the water as well. Cut into small pieces once cooled. Keep aside.
For the gravy:
1. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add dry chilies. Fry for a few seconds.
2. Add onion and green chilies and fry till onion turns translucent. Whisk curd with coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and maida. Add the curd in the pan.
3. Fry for a minute till oil starts to come on the side. Keep mixing continuously. Add the water that we got after boiling the gatte in the pan. Add salt and lemon juice and gatte. Add little more water if required.
4. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander.
5. Serve hot with parathe or roti.