May 26, 2017
For the Jamun:
1. Mash the khoya nicely with the heels of your hands until smooth and grain free.
2. Add flour slowly and keep mashing until well blended and a smooth dough is formed.
3. Make small smooth balls from the dough.
4. Heat oil or ghee in a pan and when the oil is hot, add the balls in the hot oil.
5. Simmer the heat to low and fry the balls till golden brown from both the sides.
6. Drain the balls in a plate.
For the Gravy:
1. Heat vegetable oil and Ghee in a karahi.
2. Add onion paste and fry until almost browned.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until nicely browned.
4. Add little water if the onion is sticking to the karahi.
5. Whisk curd with maida, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt.
6. Add 2 cups of water in the curd mixture and mix well.
7. Add the curd mixture in the karahi and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add khoya, water and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
9. Give it a boil once again.
10. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.