Neha shows us how to make the mouth watering Rajasthani Laal Maans. Follow her simple steps and surprise everyone at dinner time.
1. Soak red chilies in warm water for 10-15 minutes and blend in a blender to make a paste. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. When the oil is very hot and fuming, switch off the heat. Let it cool for 2 minutes. Switch on the heat again. Add cloves, black pepper, black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, tejpatta and 3-4 dry red chilies.
3. Add the onions and fry till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and red chili paste and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add curd and keep stirring till the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Add Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and salt. Add little water if required and fry till oil starts to separate.
5. Add the mutton and fry for 2 minutes on high heat. Add a cup of water and cover the pan and cook the mutton till it is soft and tender. ( You can also use a pressure cooker to cook the mutton ) Add lemon juice.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with naan or rice.