Learn how to make Nei Appam at home. This Raksha Bandhan, try cooking something sweet for your brother, like Preetha did.
- Add Jaggery to the pan along with water and allow it to melt.
- Once it melts, remove it onto a bowl and allow it cool.
- Add cardamom powder and rice flour. Mix well and ensure there are no lumps formed.
- Add water little by little. Also add mashed bananas at this stage.
- Add grated coconut and mix until the batter reaches a dosa batter consistency.
- Place the Nei Appam mould on the gas and add ghee.
- Once the ghee heats up, add the batter.
- Once the Appam starts to loosen at the edges after about 5 minutes on a low flame, flip it over.
- Add Ghee and let it cook on the other side.
- Once it colors a little, remove it from the mould and serve.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.