India Food Network
Aug 18, 2016
Learn how to make Nei Appam at home. This Raksha Bandhan, try cooking something sweet for your brother, like Preetha did.
– Add Jaggery to the pan along with water and allow it to melt.
– Once it melts, remove it onto a bowl and allow it cool.
– Add cardamom powder and rice flour. Mix well and ensure there are no lumps formed.
– Add water little by little. Also add mashed bananas at this stage.
– Add grated coconut and mix until the batter reaches a dosa batter consistency.
– Place the Nei Appam mould on the gas and add ghee.
– Once the ghee heats up, add the batter.
– Once the Appam starts to loosen at the edges after about 5 minutes on a low flame, flip it over.
– Add Ghee and let it cook on the other side.
– Once it colors a little, remove it from the mould and serve.