Ramzan Mutton Biryani
This Ramadan, end your fast with a special ramadan mutton biryani.
1. In a bowl, add 1 cup basmati rice and water. Soak for 20 mins, then parboil and keep aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add 500 gms mutton, 1 cup curd, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder and salt to taste, mix and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp ghee, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 black cardamoms, 2 green cardamoms, 1 tsp caraway seeds, 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder and mix well.
4. Add the mutton marinade, mix well. Cover and cook for 25-30 mins.
5. Add the parboiled rice, 1/2 cup saffron soaked in milk, 25 gms raisins, 25 gms walnuts, mint leaves and 1 tbsp ghee.
6. Cover and cook for 15-20 mins.
7. Biryani is ready to serve.