Jun 22, 2017
1. To make Prep the Chicken: Take a big bowl, add the chicken, 4 tbsp of cream, 1tbsp of corriender powder, 1tbsp of Caraway powder, 4 onion cut finely, fired and browned paste,1tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1tbsp Biryani masala, 2 tbsp Cashew powder, salt to taste, 1/2 cup green corriender, 5 tbsp curd. Mix all the ingredients well, marinate for 15 mins or use immediately.
2. To make the Mixed vegetables: First heat water in a pan with some salt, bring it to a boil, add cut vegetables – potatos, green peas,french beans, caulifower till the all the vegetabes are 3/4 cooked.
3. To make Biyani Masala: 1 tsp of corriender seeds, 1tsp of caraway seeds,1 cinamon stick, few cloves,few black peper corns crushed finely.
4. To cook Basmati Rice: Soak 1 and half cup or 400-4500 gms of rice in water for 15 mins. Drain water then cook it in boiling water with a little salt till the rice is 3/4 cooked and drain and keep aside.
Note: Since we have added cream and curd we will not be using oil.
1. Take a pan, put it on flame and heat it.
2. Then add the prep Chicken and cover it with a lid and cook for 15 mins or till the cicken is cooked.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, we take the bowl of pre cooked rice and spread it evenly in a layer and loosely over the cooked chicken making sure that rice grains are intact and long grained and each grain is separate.
4. Layer it with browned onions
5. Make little gaps in the rice to allow steam to cook the rice completely.
6. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 10 mins allowing the rice and the chicken to cook in the steam.
7. Open the lid after 10 mins and the Biryani is ready to serve.