India Food Network
Nov 21, 2018
1. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Once the milk comes to a boil, switch off the flame and add 1/2 cup of water to bring down the temperature a bit.
3. Add lemon juice till the milk curdles.
4. Drain the curdled milk using a muslin cloth. You are now left with what is known as chenna or paneer.
5. Squeeze the muslin cloth to remove all the water from the chenna.
6. Take the chenna in a plate and add cornflour to it.
7. Mash the chenna with your hands for 10 minutes to make it soft and smooth. This is an important step to make sure that the rasgullas are soft.
8. Make small balls from the chenna after the mashing is done.
9. Meanwhile, in a pan mix the sugar and water and let it boil at high temperature.
10. Put the rasgulla balls in the boiling sugar syrup.
11. Cook the rasgullas in sugar syrup for 20-25 minutes on high flame.
12. Refrigerate the rasgullas with the syrup and serve chilled.