May 29, 2017
1. Cook the toor dal in a cooker using 2 cups of water. Once the dal is done, mash it and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, add the cooked dal, green chilies, raw mango, turmeric powder and cook on simmer for 10 mins.
3. Add ground pepper corns & fresh coconut and add to cooking mixture. You can also use coconut milk and black pepper powder.
4. Then add salt and sugar & cook for 1 minute.
5. In a tempering bowl, add ghee, mustard seeds, hing & curry leaves – Add to the dal and simmer for 2 mins.
6. Serve and enjoy with some rice!