Nov 21, 2016
Here, Roopa shows you a prawns preparation from a coastal region, Karwar.
1. In a heated pan, add in oil, coriander seeds, dried red chilies, curry leaves and scraped coconut.
2. Roat all these ingredients until the coconut is light brown in colour.
3. Add this to a blender along with some water and blend it into a fine paste.
4. In a bowl, add in the prawns, lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and the paste.
5. Mix well and let it sit for a while.
6. Coat the prawns with rava and rice flour and deep fry them.
7. Garnish and serve.