Dhokli nu shaak is one of famous Kathiyawadi spicy recipes. Toral shows how to make this special shak in simple steps.
For the subzi:
1. Mix the gram flour, water, buttermilk, red chilli powder and salt to make a thick batter.
2. Pour the batter in a pan and cook until it becomes thick.
3. Spread it into a thali greased with oil, and let it cool.
4. Cut the cooked, thick batter into cubes. These cubes are called Dhokli.
For the gravy:
1. Pour the oil into a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin, salt and curry leaves, and heat until it crackles.
2. Then add the yoghurt, water, some more salt, ginger-chili paste and jaggery into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then add the dhoklis into the pan.
Garnish with coriander.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.