India Food Network
Sep 19, 2015
Preetha brings to your plate the south Indian style tangy Tomato Rice. Quick to put together, easy ingredients and very easy to customize.
1. Start by heating oil in your pan. Once the oil is hot, add in the mustard seeds, urad daal, chana daal, curry leaves, garlic and mix well.
2. Add in the ginger, green chilies, asafoetida and saute them. Cook till the garlic is soft.
3. Next, add in the turmeric and tomatoes, chili powder, coriander seed powder, salt and mix this well.
4. Add in the rassam powder (optional) and cook it on a low flame until the tomatoes turn into paste.
5. After the tomatoes are well cooked, add in the rice and let it cook for a few minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.