Apr 26, 2016
Try making Kanji using Lapsi Rawa and Buttermilk at home!
1. Heat a stainless steel vessel and pour water to it.
2. Heat a pan and roast lapsi for a few minutes.
3. Add asafoetida and salt to the boiling water.
4. Once you get a roasted aroma of the lapsi, switch off the gas and add it to the boiling water.
5. Give it a mix and cover it with a lid and let it cool till the daliya becomes smooth.
6. Once it has cooked, switch off the flame and keep it to col down.
7. Heat a pan and add oil, mustard seeds and wait till it crackles up.
8. Once it has crackled, put mustard seeds, green chillies and mix it and add it to the cooked daliya.
9. Mix it well and pour in chilled buttermilk.
10. If the consistency is thick then add water to it.
11. Mix it well and serve it.