Jun 12, 2018
• In a pan, dry roast peanuts, sesame, and coconut till pale brown. Cool and blend into a paste along with shallots, ginger, and garlic. Keep aside.
• In the same pan, heat oil and sauté onions till semi brown. Remove and keep aside.
• In the same oil, crackle mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, and all the dry masalas. Saute on a low flame for few seconds.
• Add the prepared paste and mix well. Add some water and cook on a low flame till paste becomes little dry.
• Add tamarind, jaggery, salt, water, sautéed onions, cover and cook till oil oozes out, or for 8 to 10 more minutes.