Restaurant-Style Dal Tadka
Now make your favourite dal tadka at home.
1. Heat a pan and pour oil.
2. Add cumin seeds, finely chopped onions, dried red chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida, crushed garlic and chopped ginger and mix it.
3. Put coriander leaves and raise the flame.
4. Add chopped tomato and saute it.
5. Sprinkle red chilli powder and mix it again for half a minute and lower the flame.
6. Add pigeon peas and moong dal which have been boiled with turmeric and salt.
7. Let it cook and then put coriander leaves.
8. Once it has cooked, serve it.