Roasted Bell Pepper Raita
Raita is one of Monika Manchanda's favourites. Simple though it is, she feels it's potential to make a great dish is often underestimated. In this video she adds a twist to the age-old favourite to convince her viewers that Raita can be cool too.
1. Wash the bell peppers well and grease them with oil a little and roast them directly on the gas flame till they are charred on all sides.
2. Do keep turning often so that they are not completely burned and cooked evenly
3. Once down, wash and removed the black charred bits and let it cool.
4. Deseed and chop into small bits.
5. In a large bowl, whisk curd well and the chopped bell peppers along with salt.
6. In a small pan, heat olive oil.
7. Once hot add the mustard and jeera seeds and saute till they turn brown and start to crackle.
8. Add the dry chillies and saute for another minute.
9. Add to the raita, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with paranthas or pulao