Nov 29, 2016
Bored of eating the same old chutney with your idlis and dosas? Well, we understand how you feel. So, in today’s episode, Nandita will show you how to make a simple yet lip smacking Roasted Onion Chutney, that is bound to be a success.
1. Place the onions on the flame and keep turning occasionally until completely charred from the outside.
2. Remove into a bowl and peel outer layer once cool enough to handle. Chop roughly and keep aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil. Add urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves and fry until dal turns golden brown. Switch off flame.
4. Add tamarind piece and stir well. In a mixer jar, add the chopped onion, fried ingredients, salt and process until you get a coarse chutney.
5. Serve with idlis and dosas.