Rajasthani Safed Maans (Mutton In Yoghurt Gravy)
For those who don't know what Safed Maans is, it's a delicacy typical to the Rajasthan region. It is an Indian white mutton curry famous for it's simple yet robust flavours. So make it and enjoy it.
1. Add mutton, salt, a cup of water, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom in a pressure cooker and pressure cook until mutton is almost done.
2. Remove the cooker from heat and let the pressure release.
3. Strain the mutton and reserve the stock.
4. Heat ghee in the same cooker.
5. Once the ghee is hot, add dry red chillies and fry for a few seconds.
6. Add onion and fry until pinkish in color.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the cooked mutton and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
9. Add khoya, almond cashew paste and yogurt fry for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add the reserved stock and milk and simmer the curry for 3-4 minutes.
11. Cook on high heat until the curry reaches the desired consistency.
12. Adjust the salt and add fresh cream. Garnish with saffron. Serve hot with roti.