1. Soak rice for 25 minutes.
2. To make the paste, take a blender and add 25 gms garlic paste, 25 gems ginger paste, 1 tbsp poppy seeds, chopped onion, coriander leaves and water. Blend it to a smooth paste.
3. Heat a pan, add 3 tbsp ghee and soaked rice, fry for 2minutes
4. In a separate pan, heat 3 tbsp oil. Add 3 chopped onions, cook for 2mins then add 5 whole green cardamoms, 8 cloves, 3 star anise, 2 cinnamon sticks and 3 bay leafs.
5. Stir and cook for a few minutes, add the grounded paste and mix well. Cook for 2mins.
6. Add 3 slit green chillies, 2 chopped tomatoes and cook till done.
7. Add 500gms chicken, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste.
8. Cook for 5mins then add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1 cup curd.
9. Mix well then add 2 tbsp lime juice.
10. Add the rice, mint leaves, 2 tbsp ghee and water, stir well then cover and cook for 30-40minutes.
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.