Sep 15, 2019
1. To make a batter, in a bowl add chopped potato, chopped onions and chopped methi leaves.
2. Then add chopped coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger and carom seeds, along with soda bicarbonate. 3. Add some red chilli powder and gram flour.
4. Then slowly keep adding water and mix the ingredients together.
5. Mix with fingertips accordingly.
6. Then add some more gram flour and some salt to taste.
7. Check the consistency of the batter.
8. Rest the batter for some time. Till then heat oil in a kadhai.
9. Tip – Add little hot oil in the bhajiya batter so that it becomes crunchy.
10. Take a spoonful of batter and drop it in hot oil in order to fry.
11. Fry the pakoras on high flame and take them out when they turn light brown in colour.
12. Take them out on a plate with tissue paper in order to remove the excess oil.
13. Let the pakoras cool down, break them into smaller pieces and then again add it to the hot oil for another round of frying.
14. Now cook these pakoras on a low flame till they turn golden brown in colour.
15. Take them out finally in a plate and serve with sauce according to choice.