Durga Puja is a festival best celebrated with a hearty serving of delicious food and as always we are here to provide, with this delectable Sarnochur Khichuri. With the help of Emami Healthy & Tasty Kachchi Ghani Mustard Oil, rice is sauteed in a mix of spices before blending with a mix of wholesome vegetables for a complete meal. Give this recipe a try this Durga Puja and celebrate the festival the best you can, through flavour!
- Soak the rice and dry roasted dal in water separately.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan. Add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, and cumin seeds. Fry till aromatic.
- Add the dried red chilies and grated coconut, green chilies and sauté for ½ mins. Add the roasted dal and the cut vegetables. Add turmeric powder, ginger paste, chili powder and mix well.
- Add the rice. Add water, salt to taste and let it boil until the vegetables and the dal melts. (Tip: Make sure the amount of water should be 3-4 times the amount of rice and dal to obtain the mushy consistency of khichuri).
- Add sugar. (Tip: Add sugar in the end when boiling anything. Sugar slows the process of cooking if added in the beginning) - Heat ghee, fry paneer pieces, drain and keep aside. Fry the dry fruits in the remaining ghee and keep aside.
- Sprinkle ghee, Bengali garam masala, fried paneer and dry fruits on top.