Shahi Kaccha Gosht Biryani
Feel like a royal with this shahi kacche gosht ki biryani.
1. Dry roast bay leaf, cloves, green cardamoms and royal cumin, mace, star anise pod together. Let the aroma come out. Ensure not to burn these spices.
2. Either by using a mortar and pestle or a mixer grinder, make powder and keep it aside.
3. Soak saffron in 50 ml in warm milk and keep it aside.
4. Marinade the lamb in yogurt, garlic-ginger paste, ginger julienne (1 tbsp), green chilies (4), mint and coriander (50 gms), fried onion (2 tbsp),garam masala (3-4 tsp), salt. Mix them well and keep aside.
5. Leave this for 4-5 hours. The more you leave, the better it is for the biryani.
6. Wash and soak the basmati rice in cold water for 45 minutes. Do not forget to add salt.
7. Cook the rice with bay leaf (1), black peppers (6), and cinnamon stick (1) for 3-4 minutes. Ensure to cook only 30%.
8. Once the rice is ready, meat is done marinating, it’s time to cook.
9. Take a heavy bottom vessel for cooking purpose.
10. Pour 2 tbsp of ghee and cinnamon sticks, layer with the meat and yogurt marinate.
11. Through in the fried onions, mint and coriander leaves, ginger julienne, ghee (1 tbsp), and saffron milk (25 ml).
12. Put rice on top and on rice and all the left over fried onions, mint and coriander, ginger julienne, saffron milk, ghee and garam masala.
13. Seal the vessel with air tight lid or using the silver foil.
14. Cook on high for 5-8 minutes then on low for 20 minutes.
15. After 20 minutes, let it rest for 8-10 minutes.
16. Open and mix together gently
17. Serve hot with raita.