Shorshe Pabda: A Spicy Bengali Fish Curry
A traditional fish curry prepared with pabda (variety of catfish) fish in a mustard sauce.
1. Apply turmeric and salt to the fish.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Fry the fish from both sides. Drain and keep aside.
3. Add some more oil in the pan. Add the nigella seeds and allow it to splutter.
4. Add the prepared mustard paste and turmeric powder.
5. Cook till the moisture dries. Add water, salt to taste and green chilies. Bring the gravy to a boil.
6. Add the fried fish and cook till the gravy reduces.
7. Drizzle some mustard oil and garnish with coriander leaves.